It’s Fix-It Friday, a weekly event where contributors edit the same photo and participants can join the fun by editing that same photo their own way and linking into the party! I’m practicing my editing skillz!
SOOC taken by Angie Arthur
Right now, I’m loving Kale Chips. Don’t get me wrong: I ALSO LOVE POTATO CHIPS, but when you’re trying to lose fifty pounds of babylove attached at the love handles like super glue, potato chips aren’t a friendly option.
Here’s how to make Kale Chips.
* 1 bunch kale (you can now buy it pre-cut in the bag! WHOOHOO!) Please excuse that the bag is already half-eaten.
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1. Preheat an oven to 300 degrees. You can line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper or use a silpat sheet, but it worked fine just on the cookie sheet for me. Spread the kale on a cookie sheet. If you have to buy it in bunch form, separate the leafy part from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces; discard stems. Wash and thoroughly dry kale. The lady who taught me about these actually soaked the leaves in a bowl of water, then dried them.
2. Drizzle with olive oil, then toss leaves to coat.
3. Sprinkle with seasoning salt.
4. Bake until crisp and edges have darkened ~about 20ish minutes. These are a little finicky. You want them baked, crispy, and dark green but not overcooked and too brittle.
This is Pierson right after he was starting to talk. He’s asking for more kale chips, saying Please “SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS”!
In my house, they are kid approved (but he likes broccoli, too…) Enjoy!
At my sister’s wedding, Thatcher was just 6 weeks old. I was in the wedding and Michael officiated. Trying to figure out the schedule of everything when it came to my two little munchkins was definitely an ulcer-inducing feat! Since I was required to be ready before the boys, my wonderful husband dressed the boys and brought them to the family portion of the pictures.
Imagine my surprise when Pierson walked into the room in highwater overalls. From the time I packed the outfit in the suitcase to the time Michael dressed Pierson, those overalls must have seriously shrunk 5 inches…either that or he’d grown that much (wink…wink). Parent fail. Note to self: Next time, try on clothes before the photographs forever confirm your parenting failure.
photograph by Nick Donner-http://www.nicholasdonner.com/
I’m always jealous of artsy-craftsy people who come up with a lot of cute projects and find time to do so! Right now between work, diapers, sleep and exhaustion, the extent of my artiness is mastering a glue gun to hold up a kid’s basketball net. Seriously.
My friend, Lisa, has just started the cutest etsy store! She makes porcelain earrings and jewelry!!! Not only does she have a cute product, but adorable presentation too! Need a fabulous gift??? You must check her out! http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeafandFeather
Don’t you just LOVE?!?!?